Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 3

Day 3! I made it! Only how many more to go.... let's not count that out. : )

So last night at dinner I was still hungry and started concocting. I took the pulled pork, chopped up my asparagus, added a peach and covered the whole thing in coconut oil. Surprisingly, it was really good! Even though it sounds a little terrible.

Today I did a similar thing for lunch. Brussel sprouts, roasted chicken, pulled pork, avocado and chopped up peach. Again, very good. The peaches add a nice subtle undertone to the other flavors and give it a taste resembling more of meat and veggies on pasta than just a veggie salad.

I love my standby foods. Spaghetti, lasagna, pasta and veggies. Eating Whole30 is already training me to think outside the box and figure out what flavors would taste good together. Even flavors I wouldn't usually put together like brussel sprouts and peaches!

Now, if only I don't run out of ideas before I run out of days.

Wish me luck!

P.s. The BBQ sauce turned out great! A little strong for drenching, but very good as a flavor addition. I used the recipe here with a few tweaks and a little bit of "dashing" as opposed to "measuring."

No comments:

Post a Comment